PokeBoard - The Pokemon Message Board
Daily Chat - Printable Version

+- PokeBoard - The Pokemon Message Board (http://pokeboard.com)
+-- Forum: Oak's Lab (http://pokeboard.com/f-Oak-s-Lab)
+--- Forum: General Chat (http://pokeboard.com/f-General-Chat)
+--- Thread: Daily Chat (/t-Daily-Chat--16024)

Daily Chat - Poke Legend - 02-10-2015

Let's see what bringing this back but limiting it to more quality daily convo does. Complete spam still belongs in the shoutbox.

RE: Daily Chat - Pocky - 02-10-2015

1st/2nd Post.

Hello. The Daily Chat brings back old DC memories.

RE: Daily Chat - MattAttack67 - 02-10-2015

First page.

So, in other news, a lot of streamers have been getting swatted lately.

For those who don't know, "swatting" is when a person backtraces an IP address (of someone) and sends out a distress call to the police, making it look like the call was from that landline in particular, so the police (And most likely, SWAT) end up coming to that house. Hardcore trolling, and extremely dangerous, and stupid.

That's...Quite serious and dumb.
But, it puts VPN & Proxy Servers to more of a good use, no? Is that why these people in the news have random SWAT teams barging into their houses on camera? Well, I don't know about anyone else, but I've seen them.

RE: Daily Chat - DarkAura - 02-10-2015

Daily convo, huh?

Well, today's my brother's birthday, so I got to have cake and ice cream and pizza. I'm so full and it feels great. <3

Yes, but uploading a stream through a proxy? Seems a bit tedious.

But I suppose you are right. And yes, most likely. Pranks such as this (Like fake ambulance calls) have been going on for quite a while.

Spoiler
People who do this are the utmost pieces of garbage there are. In fact, it happened very recently.

Well, would it be possible to upload a stream/anything with a proxy block, hidden IP or so?

Perhaps. I don't stream or upload and such, so I wouldn't have much of that tech whizz.

I'm probably not a computer expert then. Lol.
Ah well, you learn new things everyday.
I wouldn't attempt it either, because shared proxies can also bring bots, and so on.

RE: Daily Chat - DdogTheKing - 02-10-2015

Oh, yay it's back.

RE: Daily Chat - Peaches - 02-11-2015

I am back also oh my.... I have not been on here in so long....

RE: Daily Chat - Pokefan - 02-11-2015

(02-10-2015, 09:49 PM)MattAttack67 Wrote: First page.

So, in other news, a lot of streamers have been getting swatted lately.

For those who don't know, "swatting" is when a person backtraces an IP address (of someone) and sends out a distress call to the police, making it look like the call was from that landline in particular, so the police (And most likely, SWAT) end up coming to that house. Hardcore trolling, and extremely dangerous, and stupid.

I remember when Kootra got swatted on his cs:go stream.

It was all over the news in America and on the news here in the UK..

RE: Daily Chat - MattAttack67 - 02-11-2015

@Pokefan, yeah, I saw that; I really liked how he was laid back though, if you noticed he didn't panic at all. Though those SWAT officers were really serious during the entire thing.

RE: Daily Chat - Explosion - 02-11-2015

SWAT-ing, huh? That's such a waste of money! I sure hope the people who put in the call get penalized for it.

That is a very dangerous thing to do. There are people who, when hearing someone kick in the door, will immediately reach for their gun. Then when SWAT, who already has their fingers on the trigger, sees them with a gun in hand, will instinctively open fire. This is just an all-around bad idea. Smh.

RE: Daily Chat - Galdr - 02-11-2015

That's dumb; hardcore trolling indeed. I'd also call that on a level of immaturity because those who fake call are upset for whatever reason. It's despicable.

Anyway, to the original topic, I'm quite glad the DC's back up but having the shoutbox along isn't too bad either. Hope it can stay like this for awhile.

RE: Daily Chat - DdogTheKing - 02-11-2015

I'm curious to see how it would work out. Wasn't it like this back in 2011?

RE: Daily Chat - xoryd - 02-11-2015

FINALLY

I can speak with my close friends again on the same subject

shoutbox too expensive 4 me

RE: Daily Chat - Galdr - 02-12-2015

(02-11-2015, 10:05 PM)DdogTheKing Wrote: I'm curious to see how it would work out. Wasn't it like this back in 2011?

Yes. Well, mostly from 2009-2011 it was very similar. However we had tons of posts going on in different threads at the time and only communicated for the lulz on shoutbox for silly conversations. There's a thread dedicated to shoutbox posts called "The Best of Shoutbox". Really old but funny to read through if you have the time. Hopefully something like that can happen again.

RE: Daily Chat - Du Toit - 02-12-2015

Oi anyone up for some cards against humanity?

RE: Daily Chat - Iris - 02-12-2015

Alright my first in a Daily Chat ever! I really wanted to play Super Mario Word: Yoshi's Island and I can't bring myself to play on an emulator or buy a SNES for it.